Monday, May 3, 2010

successfully complete their diet

Anytime I find a weight loss book that begins with the mental mindset I know that I am on to something. If you have not realized that your mental state is the first key to achieving your weight loss goals then you would do well to make the discovery that I did. It's a book by Dr. Becky Gillaspy entitled: "Lose Weight without Losing Your Love Affair with Food".

Dr. Gillaspy has thousands of publications over her years in working with clients to successfully complete their weight loss journey. Her journey includes the sad days where food was her only friend and when you need to lose 40 pounds or more, as she did, it can be a challenging place in life.

She sees dieters as one of two types: Strugglers - which she describes in her book as those who hold on to beliefs and thoughts that subconsciously prevent them from losing weight, and Achievers - those that have 'changed' who they are and enable themselves to rise above the problem. To be the latter you must act instead of react.

No comments:

Post a Comment